Thursday, March 31, 2011

Abyssea's effect on low level pickup parties

I have now seen the aftermath of Abyssea firsthand and it isn't pretty.

Tonight one of the newer players in our linkshell basically said that the lack of low level parties caused by Abyssea was discouraging him from logging in.

Sure we've all had nights where we sit around with our flag up and no invites, but I think it's reaching the point where there are enough people forgoing low level parties that it's actively driving players away from the game.

3 comments:

  1. Leveling solo to 30 really isn't so bad with the next exp cap and our ls has been making efforts to let people page leech in altepa. We're also big advocates of skilling up your skills before doing stuff. I personally leeched my war to 90 and have spent the last 3 days skilling up. I have my great axe sword h2h and dagger capped and all my other weapons around 190. Its really not as bad or as alarmist as everyone's making it out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it is exactly as bad as I'm making it out to be. It drove one of our members to the brink of quitting. That's never a good sign no matter how you try to spin it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll give you that but its also brought back 4 friends who quit to our linkshell. There's give and take. There are always going to be be people who like/dislike certain aspect of the game and SE's made a lot of changes its not going to be the same game from 2004 and wont be ever again unfortunately. I'm definitely sorry for your loss of friends. I've lost friends to these expansions as well but I've also regained quite a few more.

    ReplyDelete