Monday, May 2, 2011

Sky is pretty

So I got access to Sky last week. It's been a fun set of missions to get there, barring the completely arbitrary "you need multiple people" switches in the Quicksand Caves. Other than that, it's been a lot of fun. There's no level caps on any of the fights, but even so I had a lot of fun with one of them which I was almost certain I'd need help with: Return to Delkfutt's Tower.

It took me two tries, but Bind/Nuking did the job just fine as a level 80 RDM/SCH. I'm still not sure if that should feel like a big accomplishment, but it did. During the first attempt he seemed to be breaking out of Bind rather quickly and finally got close enough to wallop me with Light Blade, which pretty much ended the fight. Second go around went smoother, although I'm not sure why. Fewer resists maybe? Dispelga was kind of obnoxious but I'm OCD enough about getting all my buffs up before battle that I was able to shrug off most of the ones that got dispelled. All in all it was a very fun battle and it felt good to not have to rely on bothering other people to take time out of their schedule to help me progress.

Soloing babble aside, the visuals from the Zilart expansion are utterly entrancing. I simply love the architecture and the cutscenes are very well done. Finally getting to Sky itself was pretty fantastic. There's all sorts of cool stuff up there. Unfortunately there's also tons of magic aggro and it's easy to get lost. It's looking to be a love/hate relationship, but it's one I look forward to.





A musty old temple.


Where did these headstones come from?


Shiny.








This is oddly reminiscent of Midgar.




Definitely one of the more serene places in the game.


The Bastokers are here to kick some ass.




I thought this was a really cool effect.






Sky.


I've also been working on Chains of Promathia. I hate this mountain so much, but it makes for good screenshots.


I found the ugliest hat in the game. Do I get a prize?

No comments:

Post a Comment