Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Warrior is the Batman of FFXI

It's true.

Worse yet I think Warrior is starting to grow on me, especially since I've started taking it to Linkshell parties.

I just spent the night in Spore Hollow and had a blast. We were syncing to 25 and our puller was clinically insane. At any given time we had two to four Funguar on top of us, and no one to sleep them so it was up to me and the Ninja to make sure they didn't eat the mages. I'm not sure the Ninja was up to the task when synced so low, but I sure as hell was. Firing arrows as two Funguars come in and provoking the third as our puller cackled maniacally, leaving the Ninja to hold the first one as the rest of the party wailed on it.

You know what gets a monster's attention better than insulting its mother?

Hitting it in the head with a gigantic axe.

At any given time I could wander up to a mob that wasn't eating the ninja, wallop it in the face and it would decide I was tastier. I'm not sure it quite counts as tanking, but I was eating enough cures that it kept me on my toes and I couldn't use Provoke carelessly. Heck, half the time I was switching to target a new mob just to make sure I kept hate until the rest of the party could start wailing on one of the held mobs.

I'm pretty sure we were making less than 5,000 experience per hour, but damned if it wasn't fun.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go soak my head and put my head between my knees until the desire to abandon Red Mage and level Warrior goes away.





The new expansion is producing fashion disasters like this. I am displeased.




Some guy was shouting for mission 2-3, the one where you fight the dragon, tonight. I managed to rope most of the Linkshell into helping with the fight. Afterwards we adopted him and had an awesome party in Jugner Forest.

2 comments:

  1. The shift from mage to DD can be rather intoxicating, as I've found out myself. Granted, I will always be a mage at heart, but nothing is as exhilarating as pummeling an enemy with a weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I concur with the fashion disasters. For shame, Square Enix. For shame.

    ReplyDelete