Sunday, July 18, 2010

Warrior Revelations

1. Playing Warrior in a party puts me in a very aggressive mindset.

2. Face tanking proper is all sorts of awesome fun.

3. Linkshell parties are awesome.

Tonight was some of the most fun I've had in a while. My old Linkshell reformed itself this week and tonight we went out to do some exp partying. There were four of us, so we had a few slots taken up by interlopers but it was still a lot of fun.

It got especially interesting when the Dancer and I both came to the conclusion that our incompetent White Mage needed to die. I had to beg this guy for Regens in a jungle party...that's pretty damn sad. The idiot was just cure-bombing, which screwed with efficiency and on occasion, hate management. The proper course of action was of course to see if we could get away with killing him once a drive-by PL showed up and attached itself to our party. Goblin tossing a bomb at you? Run towards the idiot mage.

Yeah, as two guys who play mages as their main jobs we had so much contempt for this guy. Spamming Cure III is not how you main-heal a party, ok? Jebus...

So yes, there was all sorts of wonderful face-tanking tonight. Often with two mobs showing up to camp when we only wanted one. Juggling between Berserk, Neutral, and Defender modes was an interesting exercise in judgement. Most of the night was spent in Neutral, with Defender going up mainly when goblins showed up. My face was very delicious.

After all is said and done, I think I managed to gain about 8,000 exp over the course of five hours. I died a lot and it was a romping good time.



Mandy in a box!


This was common sight tonight. I lost count of how many dirt naps I took.


I also spent some time running around in the the Promyvion zones this week. They're so beautiful and eerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment